Dr. Andreas Schröer
Phone: +49 6221 / 54119-51
Andreas Schröer (Ph.D./Dr. phil., University of Erlangen, 2003) is Assistant Professor of Public Administration at the Hatfield School of Government, Portland State University, and head of the Institute for Nonprofit Management. He is currently cooperating with the Centre for Social Investment in several projects such as the "Governance of Hybrid Organizations" and "Strategies for Impact in Philanthropy" projects. Furthermore, he participates as a lecturer in the centre's master's programme.
Andreas Schröer was part of CSI's founding team. He was head of CSI's research (2006-2009) and teaching department (2006-2008).
From 2003-2006 he worked as Assistant Professor of Education at the University of Erlangen. From 2004-2005 he was a postdoctoral research fellow at the Stanford University Center on Adolescence (PI: Bill Damon), working on the "Good Work and Leadership in the Nonprofit Sector" project. He served as Lecturer, Research Assistant and Research Fellow at the Universities of Erlangen, Munich and Dresden. Before embarking on an academic career, Dr. Schröer served as a program director at a nonprofit organization (Evangelische Akademie Bad Boll) and as program manager at the Bertelsmann Foundation.
Dr. Schröer's work focuses on leadership and organizational development in the nonprofit sector, education in civil societies and on evaluation and impact assessment. He was involved in research on leadership development and "good work" in the United States and studied the impact of economic strategies on value based nonprofit organizations (2004). He is a member of several scientific organizations (German, European and American Educational Research Association).
Recent publications include:
- Schröer, A. (in print): Success for All. In: Helmut K. Anheier, Ekkehard Thümler, Annelie Beller, Nicole Bögelein (Hg.): Strategies for Impact in Education. Routledge
- Schröer, A. (in print): Teach for America. In: Helmut K. Anheier, Ekkehard Thümler, Annelie Beller, Nicole Bögelein (Hg.): Strategies for Impact in Education. Routledge
- Jäger, U./Schröer, A. (2013): Erfolgsmessung in hybriden Organisationen der ökonomischen Entwicklungszusammenarbeit. In: Markus Gmür, Reinbert Schauer, Ludwig Theuvsen (Hg.): Performance Management in Nonprofit Organisationen. Theoretische Grundlagen, empirische Ergebnisse und Anwendungsbeispiele. Dokumentation zum 10. Internationalen NPO Forschungscolloquium 2012. Bern: Haupt Verlag, 12-25
- Schröer, A. (2013): Partizipative Hochschule – Eine Fallanalyse zur Institutionalisierung von „community based scholarship“ an einer amerikanischen Universität. In: Susanne Maria Weber et al. (Hg.): Organisation und Partizipation. Beiträge der Kommission Organisationspädagogik. Wiesbaden: Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, 187-198
- Jäger, U.P./Höver, H./Schröer, A./Strauch, M. (2012): Experience of Solidarity: Why Executive Directors work for Market-Driven Nonprofits. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly (Sept., 17, 2012): DOI: 10.1177/0899764012455698